Wednesday, February 15, 2012

I Had a Quiet Saturday - dinner of steak and oven

This dinner of steak and oven-roasted french fries was the highpoint of the day.
DH did the grilling while I made the fries.

They were so good and easy to make. Just slice up fresh potatoes into a stick shape, sprinkle with olive oil (or vegetable oil) and seasoning. I used a french fry seasoning, which was basically salt, pepper and paprika. Then bake in a 425 degree oven until almost tender. Mine took about 20 minutes. I then put them under the broiler for a few minutes to get them nicely browned.

Freshly-baked M&M cookies served as a sweet after dinner treat.



I spent some time today sewing counter mats from quilt blocks that I had no other use for.
They are a nice big size. As you can see the red ones easily accommodate a 9 x 13-inch cake pan.

Right now I am watching the Florida Republican Presidential Debate. I expect the remainder of my day to be quiet and relaxing. I hope yours is, too.

source: http://perennialpassion.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment